Abortion Cost in Charleston, WV
The specific cost of an abortion depends on the type of procedure and the size of the baby, which are based on gestational age. The price rises as pregnancy progresses. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals. According to Planned Parenthood’s national average a first-trimester abortion costs $300-950. Second trimester abortions cost $1200-$2100 or more. 1
The cost of abortion varies widely, and according to Planned Parenthood, it is dependent on a variety of factors. These include but are not limited to 1:
- Health Insurance. Do you have health insurance? If so, you may want to discuss with them to become clearer on what your plan may or may not cover in terms of aborting your pregnancy.
- If you don’t have health insurance, your out-of-pocket cost may be higher. Some government health insurance plans assist with abortions, however, others do not.
- The cost of abortions vary from state to state and clinic to clinic. It’s important to gather all your information regarding cost prior to your abortion.
- Type of Abortion. There are two types of abortions – the abortion pill and a surgical abortion (See Abortion Pill, Early Pregnancy Surgical Abortion and Second Trimester Surgical Abortion). The price is dependent upon the type of abortion you desire.
- How far along in your pregnancy are you? The farther along you are in your pregnancy, the more your abortion may cost.
Some states may have age restrictions or waiting periods 2. If you’d like to know more about abortion laws in the state of West Virginia, please feel free to contact us. Laws are changing rapidly from state to state and new legislation is being introduced regarding abortion regularly. Our staff and medical professionals would be happy to help you.
Are you considering abortion? Are you unsure of your options? Here at Cross Roads Pregnancy Care Center we specialize in helping you through the process. Our onsite medical professionals will answer your questions in a caring and confidential way. We would be happy to serve you.
( Planned Parenthood (2014). Abortion. Retrieved from http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-info/abortion/the-abortion-pilland http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-info/abortion/in-clinic-abortion-procedures.
2 Planned Parenthood (2019). How do I get the abortion pill? Retrieved from https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/abortion/the-abortion-pill/how-do-i-get-the-abortion-pill