So you think she might be pregnant?
Here’s Some Quick Advice That May Be Helpful Right Now:
- LISTEN: The situation involves more than just you. There are now three lives to think about.
- STAY CALM: She needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, that baby needs you too.
- TALK ABOUT IT: Not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- GATHER ALL THE FACTS: Get all the information and seek wise counsel so you can make the best decision for both of you.
- EXPRESS YOURSELF HONESTLY: It’s normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. But make sure she knows she is not alone.