As a pregnancy care center, we don’t talk much about when a pregnancy test comes back negative. We all assume that a late period means you’re pregnant, but what if you have a late period but your pregnancy test comes back negative?
This could mean one of two things:
- You, indeed, are not pregnant or
- You are pregnant but it’s too early to show on a urine pregnancy test
- Sudden weight gain or loss
- Ovarian cysts
- Metabolic conditions (alternations in blood sugar and certain hormone levels)
- Recent illness
- Thyroid conditions
- Certain birth control methods/medications
If you think you may be pregnant but you keep getting negative results from home tests, we would love for you to come in and be tested by one of our nurses.
Our pregnancy tests are free and confidential.
The best thing you can do is to consult with your doctor about any further questions you may have.
Book an appointment today!